The purpose of this website is to disseminate information on the features of Japan's defense equipment and the technological capabilities of its defense industry as part of an effort to promote the transfer of defense equipment from Japan to other countries. We hope that this website will deepen understanding of Japan's defense equipment and the technological capabilities of its defense industry, and help realize the transfer of defense equipment.
1. Intent and Purpose
The purpose of this website is to disseminate information to government officials, etc. of other countries who are interested in promoting the transfer of defense equipment, with the aim of encouraging cooperation between Japan and other countries in the field of defense equipment and technology, in accordance with the Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency's (hereinafter referred to as "ATLA") Contract for the Production and Operation of a Virtual Exhibition for the Promotion of the Transfer of Defense Equipment and Technology.
2. Registration Information
In order to administer this site, we require users to register personal information such as their name, company/organization name, job title, and e-mail address. We reserve the right to cancel a user’s registration if it is determined that they have registered under false information or have otherwise acted inappropriately on this site.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
- (1)The Intellectual Property Rights (all rights including copyrights, trademarks, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “Intellectual Property Rights”) for the information (text, graphics, images, videos, etc.) belong to ATLA (for information provided by ATLA for the operation of this site), and to other organizations (for information provided by other organizations, etc.), and together with this website as a whole are protected by laws concerning Intellectual Property Rights.
- (2)In accordance with this agreement and related laws, registrants use and post this site for their own purposes only within the scope of the purpose and purpose of 1 intended by this site. You can download and print the information provided.
- (3)Registered users may cite the contents of this website only to the extent that such content is used for education and research presentations targeting persons who are not registered users for the purpose of promoting the appropriate overseas transfer of defense equipment, etc. according to the Three Principles on Transfer of Defense Equipment and Technology.
In such cases, please clearly indicate the source using a format such as the following.
Source: Virtual Exhibition for the Promotion of the Transfer of Defense Equipment and Technology
- (4)The content of this site may not be reprinted, reproduced, sold, published, or distributed for any purpose or in any manner other than those described in (3) above, nor may it be viewed by anyone other than registered users. If such actions are necessary, please be sure to obtain permission from the Defense Structure Improvement Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the “BSK”) in advance.
4. Limitation of Liability
- (1)The use of this site is subject to all relevant Japanese laws and regulations.
- (2)Although we have exercised utmost care in ensuring the security of this website, we do not exclude the possibility of content errors resulting from force majeure, such as human tampering by third parties, and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, or safety of its content. We assume no responsibility for any damages arising from the use of this website or the information contained therein.
- (3)The information on this website, and its URLs (including the homepage) are current at the time of publication and are subject to change without prior notice. Furthermore, the provision of information from this site may be temporarily suspended due to system failure or maintenance. We assume no responsibility for any malfunctions or other adverse effects caused by these changes, or for any damages or losses incurred by users.
- (1)In principle, you are free to link to this website. However, links may be refused if the content of the linking site (a) is contrary to the purpose of this website, (b) is offensive to public order and morals, (c) is deemed to contain content that violates or may violate laws and regulations, or (d) is otherwise likely to cause misunderstanding among third parties, such as slander or defamation of this website.
- (2)In principle, when linking to this website, please link to the home page and use expressions and descriptions that clearly indicate that the link is to the “Virtual Exhibition for the Promotion of the Transfer of Defense Equipment and Technology” website. Please note that depending on the method of linking or the content of the page, you may be asked to change the linking method or delete the link.
- (1)Basic Policy
The BSK recognizes the importance of personal information and considers the protection of such information to be a social responsibility. The BSK complies with the relevant laws and regulations and appropriately obtains, uses, and manages personal information handled by this website as described below.
- (2)Scope of Information Collected
This website automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses, site search query information, and other information related to browsing this website, and also uses Google Analytics and Mieruca to understand how visitors use this website. Of these, cookies (information sent from the server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s computer in order to identify the user on the server side) are limited to those used to facilitate the smooth implementation of the services provided by this site and do not contain any personal information. Cookies can be disabled via the user’s browser settings, but if disabled, some website functions may not be available or some pages may not be displayed. The information collected by Google Analytics and Mieruca will be managed in accordance with the privacy policies of Google LLC and Faber Company Inc., respectively. The BSK will not be held responsible for any damage caused by the use of Google Analytics or Mieruca services.
- (3)Purpose of Use of Collected Information
- (4)Provision of Collected Information to Third Parties
- (5)Outsourcing the Handling of Collected Information
- (6)Security Measures
- (7)Response to Consultations and Requests for Disclosure
The BSK will strive to respond appropriately and promptly to consultations regarding the handling of personal information it has acquired. In addition, the BSK will accept requests for disclosure, etc. (notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of content, discontinuation of use, elimination, or discontinuation of provision to a third party ) of personal information subject to disclosure held by the BSK. For procedures for requesting disclosure, etc., please contact the customer service desk for complaints and consultations concerning personal information listed below.
<Personal Information Customer Service Desk> Defense Structure Improvement Foundation, Personal Information Protection Manager (Executive Director)
Person in Charge of the Complaints and Consultations Desk (General Manager)
(Office Hours: Monday through Friday (excluding national holidays), 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- (8)Scope of Application
This policy applies only to this site. We assume no responsibility for the content of external sites linked to from this site.
7. Other Provisions
- (4) If you wish to change your registered information or cancel your membership on this website, please fill out and submit the contact form. The secretariat will make the necessary corrections and will take responsibility for deleting the registered information of those who cancel their membership.